Information about how to schedule a driving test/road test and written exams (driver's license and learner's permits), hours, locations, wait times, and making an appointment can be found by contacting your state or local DMV office. Select your state below for details.
Most state DMV office locations offer an appointment system (either online or call in) so you can quickly handle your tasks involving your driver's license, learner's permit, driving test, vehicle registration, titling or other DMV-related issues.
Choose your state from the map above or the list below to find out if your motor vehicle agency offers:
- Online appointments for scheduling driving test, license written exam, or DMV-related.
- The option to call to make an appointment.
- Afternoon cutoff hours to take your road test or drivers license / permit test.
- Specific DMV office locations you must visit for your driving test appointment.
- Services that allow you to schedule a road test online.
- Wait time indicators at DMV offices near you.