- Vehicle Registration Services
- Vehicle Title and Registration
- Vessel Title and Registration
- License Plates and Stickers
- Disabled Person Plates and Placards
- Personalized and Special Interest Plates
- Planned Non-operation
- Junk and Salvage Vehicles
- Lien Sales
- Vehicle Record Printouts
- Vehicle code book purchase
- Dishonored check clearance
Yes, but most vehicle registration related items may be handled through the mail. For more information about completing registration through the mail, please refer to Vehicle Registration and Title Information, or call your local DMV office at 1-800-777-0133.
Yes, you can make a driving test
No, you may only schedule one driving test appointment per customer, per class of license.
Yes, you may schedule an appointment for up to three items of business using the
An "item" is one driver license/identification card or one vehicle registration transaction. Examples include, but are not limited to the following:
- Changing your name on your driver license
- Applying for an identification card
- Renewing your driver license
- Transferring a vehicle title
- Picking up personalized plates or
- Applying for a disabled person placard
You may schedule any combination of three people and/or three items for your online appointment. Examples of appointments that can be made include:
- You want to change your name and address on your driver license (1), your spouse wants to change the address on their driver license (2) and you want to transfer a vehicle (3). The total number of items is three and the total number of people is two (you and your spouse).
- You want to renew your driver license (1), your daughter want to apply for her driver license (2) and your mother wants to apply for an identification card (3). The total number of items is three and the total number of people is three (you, your daughter and your mother).
- You want to register a vehicle (1), transfer a motorcycle (2), and get a replacement (duplicate) driver license (3). The total number of items is three and the total number of people is one (you).
Yes, however you will need to provide the name and daytime phone number of the person for whom you are requesting an appointment. If you are scheduling a behind-the-wheel driving test, a valid permit/driver license number and date of birth are required.
Yes, however, reinstatement requirements vary depending on the situation. To determine your eligibility and obtain information regarding reinstatement requirements, please call your local DMV office at 1-800-777-0133.
No, same day appointments are not available online or by telephone at this time.
You may schedule an appointment up to 90 days in advance.
A telephone number is required for confirmation purposes, and in case the department needs to contact you to reschedule your appointment.
Appointments are based upon availability. Try searching for available appointments in other offices in your surrounding area.
Appointment dates/times, that are not accepted, are released for use by other customers.
Yes, you may correct the customer information by clicking on the "Change Info" button. However, the previously displayed appointment date/time may no longer be available.
Yes, your appointment will be valid even if you have trouble printing the confirmation page. Please write down all pertinent confirmation information and bring it with you to your appointment.
Yes, use the "View or Cancel" option on the Welcome or Confirmation Page of the Online Appointment System
Yes, use the View/Cancel option on the Welcome or Confirmation page of the Online Appointment System.
A non-commercial Class C driver license is the basic license that permits you to drive:
- Any 2-axle vehicle with a GVWR of 26, 000 lbs. or less.
- Any 3-axle vehicle weighing 6, 000 lbs. or less gross.
- Any housecar, 40 feet or less.
- A vanpool vehicle, designed to carry more than 10 but less than 15 persons including the driver.
- A motorized scooter.